Maluhia Road (Tree Tunnel)
Trees planted in 1911 by Walter Duncan McBryde. The original line of the eucalyptus tree tunnel continued from the KaumualiʻI/Maluhia junction to Knudsenʻs Gap. Walter Duncan McBryde, a Scotsman who began cattle ranching in South Kauai, planted these Eucalyptus Trees over 150 years ago. The trees once formed a beautiful canopy over the highway before two hurricanes damaged the tops of the trees. Today they form a lush corridor on the way to Po’ipu.